October was a spooky month for the SEO industry. While many were trying to understand the impact of Google’s new Hummingbird Update, Google released a new Penguin update. Google also gave us some hints on what future changes might be coming while Matt Cutts was attending Pubcon this past week:
- Fighting Black Hat Hacking
- Child pornography filters in all countries
- A possible Toolbar PageRank update
- Top Ad Heavy Algo refresh
- 15% Reduction of Authorship / Rich Snippets
As of last week I thought September’s Link Buffet was going to be pretty thin. Not much was happening in the world of SEO, but then this past week Google shook things up. Google announced it will no longer be passing organic keywords for all users and they launched a new algorithm called “Humming Bird.”
- Google To Extend “Top Search Queries” Data In Webmaster Tools From 90 Days To One Year
- The 2013 Local Search Ecosystems
- Post-PRISM, Google Confirms Quietly Moving To Make All Searches Secure, Except For Ad Clicks
- Google Recently Made A Silent Shift To A New Search Algorithm, “Hummingbird”
Howdy there folks! We wanted to let you know due to a lack of groundbreaking SEO news stories the last few months the link buffet will be now posted bi-monthly / monthly. Without further ado, we present you with the top SEO stories from August 2013.
One of the biggest news stories was Google shutting down their Google Adwords Keyword Tool. You will be missed!